Thursday, March 14, 2013

The House

Thought I would post a little work in progress I have been playing around with. Even though it isn't going anymore, I decided to take a stab at the Arenanet environment art test. So far I need to add the dirt texture and plants. Then go back and break up the geometry a little to make it less rigid. Then I need to work on normal and spec maps. I may also go back and fix some things in the diffuse. For instance the rock texture isn't quite doing it for me.

Also, I did my best to make it modular. The idea was to make a lot of the pieces separate so that I can move them around like building blocks and make other structures. We did something similar for the houses on Salvage Youth and I thought it would be fun to try and apply the idea to this model.

No comments:

Post a Comment